Property Type: Office / Historic
In 2006, St. Charles purchased the Rock Island Building, a turn-of-the-century brick building in Denver’s Lower Downtown Historic District. The four-story building was originally constructed in 1890 and was one of several warehouses occupied by the Studebaker Carriage and Wagon Company. St. Charles completely overhauled the building, which now has 23,464 rentable square feet of creative office space. The goal of this project was to incorporate the amenities of a modern commercial structure while both maintaining and enhancing the building’s character by returning the structure to its original glory. Project costs totaled $8 million and the building was 100% leased upon its completion in late 2007.