Property Type: Urban Infill / Single Family
In January 2006, renovations began on ten landmark residential buildings, built in 1940, as part of the conversion of the former Lowry Air Force Base in Denver. The buildings were converted from duplexes designed for Air Force officers into 3,100-square-foot custom single-family residences on large lots with detached garages. The homes feature open floor plans including a great room, formal living and dining room, European kitchens, a flex room and three upstairs bedrooms with a five-piece master bath and all new mechanical and electrical systems. The homes also have 1,400-square-foot basements. Completed in 2008, the historic residences fill a distinctive niche in the Lowry community and feature elegant contemporary interiors, the hallmark of St. Charles’ residential projects. The project was St. Charles’ first development outside of downtown Denver and the company’s first detached single-family project.